McGrath SUCCEED Communication Training
“Lead with your heart, while using your head!”
Learn powerful new communication skills for thinking, speaking, listening, and writing that will dramatically improve how you give and receive feedback – in supervision, evaluation, performance growth, commendations, and any necessary discipline.
The SUCCEED communication process takes individual opinions, emotions, and biases out of the way so that the communication can be actually received and acted upon to produce immediate results. These new skills come with practical tools that support administrators throughout their jobs, whenever and wherever giving and receiving feedback is essential.
You gain the confidence to communicate orally and in writing, leaving nothing to be disputed in your interactions. SUCCEED’s consistent and proven approach is based on the four TRUE principles - Trust, Respect, Understand, Evolve - that combine with practices that support continuous improvement and systemic change. It comes with the additional safeguard of being legally fit, complementing district policy and union agreements.
Each participant will receive a free one-year subscription to our online software program that reinforces the concepts of the training and provides coaching and help to construct effective communications.
The SUCCEED course will provide participants with:
- Tools and a uniform system for constructive communication in supervision, evaluation, performance growth, commendation and discipline.
- A process that complements and enhances your current evaluation instruments.
- A 4-point logic system for thinking and communicating that correlates human relationship standards with the rights and protections the law affords.
- The ability to distinguish management's right to supervise and remediate from the discipline and dismissal process.
- The skills and confidence to communicate orally and in writing, leaving nothing to be disputed in your interactions.
- A consistent and proven approach tohandling complaints from teachers, staff, parents, board members and others.
- An expanded capacity to retain qualified staff and increase student achievement.
Who should attend:Human Resources Professionals, Principals, Assistant Principals, Athletic Directors, Food Service and Transportation Supervisors, Central Office Administrators, Classified Supervisors and Managers, Superintendents, and anyone who supervises employees in the school setting.
Since its creation in 1983 over 150,000 administrators nationwide have been trained in the SUCCEED Communication System. Contact Chuck White, OSPA Executive Director at ospawhite [at] earthlink [dot] netfor information on how to schedule a training for your district.